In this article, we will explain why choosing the right CMS platform for your website is so important. We will also introduce the best CMS platform ( WordPress ) that we considered in the world in 2021.
The CMS ( Content Management System ) platform allows you to easily create a website without knowing any code (at least for most codes). There are many CMS options available, but WordPress is considered the best platform and usually used by most of the web designer in the world.
What is a CMS platform?
CMS platform ( Content Management System platform ) is a software that allows you to easily manage content and create websites.
The CMS platform solves this problem by allowing you to make a website without writing code or learning to program.
Of course, unless you are looking for a developer-friendly CMS, it means you already know how to code.
Why WordPress is the best CMS platform for your website ?
There are many different CMS platforms, so which one should you choose? Before you start to make the CMS platform comparison, here is why you have to use the best CMS platform :
Easy to use
You need a CMS that allows you to easily create and edit content. This usually means having a drag-and-drop interface, so you can add different elements on the page.
Making changes to the content on the website after publishing it should be quick and straightforward.
Your CMS software should provide you with a large number of website design templates for you to choose from. It should also allow you to easily customize these designs according to your requirements ( ideally without writing code ).
A great CMS platform should have tools that allow you to easily export data and move it to other places.
For example, you might decide to choose a different platform or a different hosting company later. Data portability allows you to move freely more easily.
Extensions and plugins
Not all websites are the same. This is why it is impossible for any CMS platform to have all the features required by every website.
Extensions and plugins solve this problem. These are separate software, you only need to install it on the CMS software to expand its functionality and add new features when needed. Think of them as applications for your CMS platform.
Help and support options
Although the CMS platform is designed to make building a website as easy as possible, you may still have some problems. If you encounter difficulties, please find out what help and support is available.
Some CMS providers provide answers to frequently asked questions and a customer service team that is slow to respond. Others may have a large support community that can help you at any time of the day or night.
Types of WordPress :
WordPress.org is our number one choice for the best CMS platform. It is the most popular CMS software in the world, and it supports about 42% of websites on the Internet.
It’s important not to confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. WordPress.org is a free and open source CMS, originally designed for blogs, but now it is used by various websites/online stores.
WordPress.com is a blog hosting platform.
You need to host your own WordPress website, which means finding the right WordPress hosting service provider.
- WordPress provides you with the flexibility and freedom to build any type of website ( online store, auction website, membership website, etc. ).
- It does not require any technical skills or coding knowledge. The WordPress block editor makes it very easy to create beautiful pages on your website.
- You are completely free to make money online from your website in any way you want.
- There are thousands of WordPress themes and plugins available, including paid and free. These allow you to add various useful additional features to the site, such as contact forms, photo galleries, etc.
- WordPress is great for search engine optimization (SEO). It’s easy to create SEO-friendly URLs, categories, and tags for your posts. You can also choose from a large number of SEO plugins to help you do more work.
- There is a huge support community around WordPress because it is an open source CMS.
- WordPress offers a lot of scalability, which makes it an ideal CMS platform for beginners and developers.
- WordPress allows you to download everything in XML format, and if you choose to do this, you can easily move to a different system in the future.
You need to set up your host and domain name, and you will be responsible for things like security and backup.
Because WordPress offers so many options and so much flexibility, it can sometimes feel a little daunting when you start using it.
This is why many beginners use drag and drop page builder plugins for WordPress.
WordPress itself does not require any fees. However, you need a domain name ( approximately US$9 to US$15 per year ) and a hosting account with a web host that can run WordPress ( usually starting at US$7.99 per month ).
One server website building platform provides WordPress free website creation function. It is a hosted version of WordPress, so you don’t need to buy your own server space and manually install WordPress and theme plugins, so you can start blogging and make your own website.
WordPress.com is the commercial hosted version of WordPress. It is easy to confuse it with WordPress.org, which is open source, self-hosted WordPress.
Using WordPress.com, you can get an all-in-one CMS platform hosted for you. You can buy a domain name or use a free subdomain with the WordPress.com brand.
- WordPress.com is easy to get started. You can easily add and edit content, and beginners will often find it to be a simple and easy-to-use CMS.
- You can use WordPress.com to create a site completely free of charge. However, you may want to pay at least for the cheapest plan so you can use your own domain name.
- Your WordPress.com site can use different themes (designs). You can easily switch between these in the WordPress.com dashboard.
- As your website grows in size and popularity, you can upgrade to the new plan. There are many options, including plans with e-commerce capabilities.
- WordPress.com has built-in analytics, which means you can view statistics on the number of people visiting your website in the dashboard. However, this does mean that you cannot use Google Analytics unless you are using a business plan.
- If you decide to switch to a more powerful and flexible CMS, it’s easy to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org in the future.
Even with a business plan, WordPress.com has limited profit options.
You can’t add a custom domain name unless you pay for at least the cheapest paid plan.
Although there are some plugins that can be used on the WordPress.com site, there are not as many plugins available as WordPress.org.
You can’t fully control your website like using WordPress.org.
There is a free WordPress.com plan available, but if you want your own domain name (and you want to avoid WordPress advertising on your website), you need to choose one of their paid plans.
The cheapest is $ 48 USD/year (4 USD/month), or you can upgrade to other plans, including an online store e-commerce plan of $ 540 USD/year (45 USD/month). In addition, there is a WordPress VIP option that provides additional features.
We believe that WordPress.org is the best CMS platform and website builder in the world. More than 42% of websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress, and this is for good reason.
WordPress has everything you want in a perfect CMS platform. It’s easy to get started, and many WordPress web hosting companies provide a one-click installation process. You can use plugins (apps similar to WordPress) to extend functionality in almost any way you can think of.
On WordPress, you can run e-commerce stores, online forums, LMS (Learning Management System), membership sites, auction sites, markets, and almost anything else you can think of.
There is no limit to what you can do with WordPress. If you find that your website needs more space as your website grows, you can easily upgrade your host to a managed WordPress hosting company.